Reverse Osmosis Meters for Measuring Total Dissolved Solids
- Instant and accurate TDS tests
- Electronic Internal Standard for easy field calibration
- Fast Auto Temperature Compensation
- Rugged design for years of trouble-free testing
- Simple to use
The choice of professionals for years, this compact instrument has been designed specifically to demonstrate and test Point of Use (POU) reverse osmosis or distillation systems. By measuring electrical conductivity, it will quickly determine the parts per million/Total Dissolved Solids (ppm/TDS) of any drinking water.
With a single "before and after" test, this handy device effectively demonstrates how your RO or distillation system eliminates harmful dissolved solids. It will also service test systems, including membrane evaluation programs.
The Myron L® RO-1 Meter is easy to use and requires no special training. Simply pour the sample into the cell cup and press the button. ppm/TDS is immediately indicated on the color-coded scale (models without the color band dial are also available). No temperature adjustments are ever required!
AUTOMATIC TEMPERATURE COMPENSATION:
Why It Is Important
The graph at the right illustrates a TDS reading of a 500 ppm water sample tested with a non-temperature compensated conductivity meter. The same water sample appears to have a higher level of TDS when heated (and lower TDS when chilled). Actually, only conductivity readings change with temperature.
TDS does not change.
Many instruments ignore the importance of temperature. Others require a separate thermometer for testing sample temperature, then manual adjustment of the meter. All Myron L® instruments, however, feature fast and precise Automatic Temperature Compensation. The result: a more accurate, useful instrument.
- RO-1: 0-1250 ppm (0-250 blue, 250-500 orange, 500-1250 red)
- RO-1NC: 0-1250 ppm (no color band)
- Accuracy: ±2% of full scale
- Repeatability: ±1%
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic (to 25°C/77°F) for samples between 10-71°C/50-160°F
- Electrodes (built-in): Never need replatinizing or replacement
- Cell Cup: Chip and crack resistant polyethylene
- Recalibration: Internal electronic standard quickly verifies on-site accuracy
- Circuitry: Solid-state, sealed against moisture
- Power: One 9V battery supplied; Battery Life: >2000 tests/1 year
- Dimensions:3.4 W x 4.5 D x 4.0 H in ./ 86 W x 114 D x 102 H m
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) conduct electricity. This conductivity allows measurement of the concentration of these salts directly in parts per million (ppm). However, the salts' composition in waters can vary significantly by location. Since various salts pass current differently, it was necessary to determine an "average" ppm/conductivity relationship. The Myron L® Company established the "442" Standard over 40 years ago. It remains the world’s most widely accepted standard of its kind.
IF YOU ALSO TEST pH
Myron L® offers instruments that check both TDS and pH, and are widely used throughout the RO industry.
- pH sensor is built-in for maximum protection
- Automatic temperature compensation
- Full calibration capability
- Many models available
Are used to periodically recalibrate instruments for greatest accuracy. 442-1000 (1000 ppm/TDS) is the type used in Myron L® factory calibrations.
Carrying Case for use with all Myron L® DS/pDS portable instruments. Foam lined and molded of sturdy ABS plastic.
Click to order Standard Solutions and Buffers
Myron L® RO instruments have a Two (2) Year Limited Warranty. If an instrument fails to function normally, return it to the factory prepaid. If, in the opinion of the factory, failure was due to materials or workmanship, repair or replacement will be made without charge. A reasonable service charge will be made for diagnosis or repairs due to normal wear, abuse, or tampering. Warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the Myron L® instrument only. The Myron L® Company assumes no other responsibility or liability
- Models: RO-1, RO-1NC, PTP, MC & MCATF