Pool and Spa Water Quality Testing
The fastest, most accurate, reliable, easy-to-use handheld water quality analysis tool for any pool or spa.
POOLPRO™ does the job of up to nine tests in one easy to use instrument:
- Monitor disinfectant residuals
- Determine water balance corrections
- Calibrate equipment
- Ensure proper TDS levels in saltwater chlorine generator
Professional Pool Water Analysis
POOLPRO is a comprehensive high performance tool designed to simplify pool and spa water quality control for the
pool professional. Both POOLPRO models feature innovative user friendly features and functions that make it easy
to manage parameters critical to disinfection, water balance, system maintenance and compliance.
NEW! FCE TM FAC Readings
The Myron L® Company FCE Function reports FAC quickly and accurately by measuring ORP, the chemical
characteristic of chlorine that directly reflects its effectivity, cross referenced with pH. Both DPD kits and
colorimeters may tell the user the FAC value of the sample in the test tube, but since the chemistry of that
sample is quite different from the source water being analyzed, the results are imprecisely related to actual
disinfection power. The Myron L® Company FCE function measures the real, unaltered chemistry of
source water, including moment-to-moment changes in that chemistry. FCE can be used for other types
of oxidizing germicides and will track the effect of additives, such as cyanuric acid, that degrade chlorine
effectivity without changing the actual concentration of free available chlorine present.
In-Cell Titration Functions
The PS9TKB adds the ability to perform in-cell conductometric titrations that provides a convenient way to
determine alkalinity, hardness and LSI in the field. This eliminates the need to collect and transport samples
to another location for analysis. User intuitive display prompts guide you through titration procedures from
start to finish. All required reagents and equipment are included in the PS9 titration kit.
Water Balance Analysis
The POOLPRO PS9TKB features an LSI Calculator that allows you to calculate the LSI based on saved measurement
values. This allows you to accurately calculate a saturation index value of a specific solution to determine
whether the solution is balanced, scaling or corrosive. The LSI Calculator also allows you to adjust the
measurement values to perform what-if scenarios to predict how changes in solution parameters would affect the
water balance of a system.
Hardness Unit Conversion
The Hardness titration function allows you to set the hardness unit preference to either grains of hardness or
ppm CaCO . The selected unit is also used in the LSI Calculator function.
System Validation & Calibration
Myron L® Company's POOLPRO provides a fast, precise, easy-to-use method of obtaining Oxidation Reduction
Potential (ORP or REDOX) mV readings to check the true level of effectiveness of ALL sanitizers in any pool or
spa. ORP objectively and precisely measures sanitizer ability to burn up, or oxidize, organic matter in the
water. ORP can only be determined by an electronic instrument.
POOLPRO ORP mV readings serve as a necessary check to ensure automatic ORP control systems are working properly.
PoolPro also provides independent readings for recalibration and to detect system failure.
Saltwater Chlorine Generation
PoolPro provides a convenient one-touch test for Mineral/Salt concentration. This is ideal for saltwater systems
where manual testing with separate instrumentation is necessary to ensure the proper amount of sodium chloride
is present for chlorine generation in quantities specified for microbial disinfection. PoolPro can also be used
to recalibrate equipment as part of regular maintenance.
The optional bluDock™ accessory package is an integrated data solution for your record keeping requirements,
eliminating the need for additional hardware, wires and hassle. Because the user never touches the data, there
is little opportunity for data tampering and human error. bluDock software, Guardian2 , has an easy to use
interface with user intuitive functions for storing, sorting and exporting data.
POOLPRO™ Features & Benefits:
- FAST one-touch measurements for Conductivity, Mineral/Salt Concentration, TDS, ORP (REDOX), Free Chlorine
Equivalent (FC ), pH and Temperature
- SIMPLE user-intuitive prompts step you through Alkalinity and Hardness titrations (PS9)
- CONVENIENT LSI Calculator accepts both grains and ppm hardness units (PS9)
- EASY keypad calibration
- STABLE 4-electrode conductivity cell eliminates polarization, increasing accuracy with minimal maintenance
- POWERFUL microprocessor-based circuitry
- UNIQUE pH/ORP glass sensor is user replaceable
- VERSATILE solution modes provide accuracy in diverse water quality applications
- EFFICIENT design features auto-off that minimizes power consumption — one 9V battery lasts up to 100
- ADVANCED proprietary temperature compensation and TDS conversion algorithms
- RELIABLE non-volatile microprocessor provides data back-up, even when the battery is changed; this assures
all calibrations and memory data are retained
Benefits that save you time and money:
- Hardness/Langelier Saturation Index Calculator allows you to determine water balance adjustments on the
- Easily transfer stored readings to Macintosh and PC platforms with the optional bluDock™ accessory package.
- Ample memory provides increased flexibility to record and store 100 separate readings.
- Real Time Clock with Date & Time Stamp allows you to maintain the integrity of each individual reading.
- In-Cell titrations are simple to do. Reagent solutions are color-coded for easy recognition during
procedure. Cell extender, pipette and replacement tips are included with kit.
- The pH/ORP sensor chamber provides protection to a unique porous liquid-junction.
- The large capacity KCI reservoir guarantees extended life.
- A custom LCD helps simplify calibration and operation by using annunciators and prompts to indicate various
- IP67/NEMA 6 rated PoolPro is waterproof and buoyant and can be fully immersed to 3 feet/1 meter.
PS9 AHL Titration Kit with hard protective case includes PS9; cell extender; titration plunger; 100µL pipette; 12
tips; 3 buffers (pH 4, 7, and 10); pH/ORP Sensor Storage Solution; ORP Conditioner Solution; titration reagents
H2SO4-1, HBUFF, EDTA-B-LC, EDTA-B-HC; Alkalinity Standard 100; Hardness Standard 200; standard solutions
KCI-7000, 442-3000, and NaCl-7500.
All bottles are 2 oz/59 mL*. model: PS9TKB
PS9TKB AHL Titration Kit can be ordered with the bluDock Accessory Package, as well.
||4 Digit Liquid Crystal Display
||196 x 68 x 64 mm/ 7.7 x 2.7 x 2.5 in.
||352 g/12.4 oz.
|Cell capacities (w/o cell extender):
||pH/ORP: 1,2 mL/0.04 oz. Cond/TDS/MIN/SALT: 5 mL/0.2 oz.
||9V alkaline battery
||<100 hours (5000 readings)
||0 – 55°C/32 – 132°F
||1 meter/3 feet
*See AHL Titration Kit below for information
Range of Readings
- Conductivity: 0–9999 µS/cm 10–200 mS/cm in 5 autoranges
- TDS: 0–9999 ppm 10–200 ppt in 5 autoranges
- Mineral/Salt: 0-200 ppt in 5 autoranges
- pH: 0–14 pH
- ORP: ±999 mV
- Free Chlorine Equivalent: 0.00–9.99 ppm
- 350 ≤ ORPmV < 725 and 0.0 ≤ pH < 9.9
- 725 ≤ ORPmV < 825 and 0.0 ≤ pH < 8.9
- Alkalinity Titration: 10-800 ppm
- Hardness Titration: 0-1710 ppm 0-100 grains
- LSI: -10 to +10
- Temperature: 0–71°C/32–160°F
- Pool and Spa
- Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP)/REDOX
POOLPRO™ Accessories, Replacement items and Solutions:
- Soft protective case is constructed of padded Nylon and features a belt clip for hands-free mobility.
- models: UCC (Blue); UCCDT (Desert Tan)
- Certificates confirming the NIST traceability of an POOLPRO are available (must be specified when placing
instrument order). model: MC
- Standard Solutions are necessary to maintain accuracy and for periodic calibration of conductivity and TDS
parameters. All Standard Solutions are NIST traceable for your complete confidence.
- recommended values: KCl-7000 (conductivity), 442-3000 (TDS), and NaCl-7500 (MIN/SALT).
- Hardness and Alkalinity Reagents and Calibration Solutions are required for alkalinity, hardness and LSI
titrations. models: H2SO4-1, HBUFF, EDTA-B-LC, EDTA-B-HC available in 2 oz/59 mL and 1 qt/1 L. Alkalinity
Standard 100 and Hardness Standard 200 available in 2 oz/59 mL, 1 qt/1 L, and 1 gal/3,8 L
- pH Buffers are necessary to maintain accuracy and for periodic calibration of pH and ORP parameters.
Calibration with pH 7 Buffer is especially important. All pH 4, 7, and 10 Buffers are NIST traceable and are
available in 2 oz/59 mL, 1 qt/1 L, and 1 gal/3,8 L.
- pH Sensor Storage Solution available in 2 oz/59 mL, 1 qt/1 L, and 1 gal/3,8 L. models: SS20Z, SSQ and SSG
- Certificate of NIST traceability for pH Buffer and Conductivity Standard Solutions are available (must be
specified when placing solution order). model: SC
- Replacement pH/ORP Sensor features a unique porous liquid junction. model: RPR
- Myron L® M'Pet 100µL pipette. model: FVMP-100
- Replacement tips for Myron L® m'pet pipette. Bag of 48. model: PTIP100-48
- bluDock™ Accessory Package includes bluDock™, Macintosh/PC application software, Guardian2 TM, for
downloading data and printed instructions. model: BLUDOCK
Click to order Standard
Solutions and Buffers
All Myron L PoolPros have a Two (2) Year Limited Warranty. The pH/ORP sensors have a
Six (6) Month Limited Warranty. Warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the PoolPro only, at our
discretion. Myron L® Company assumes no other responsibility or liability.
- Models: PS6FCE, PS6FCE-BD, BLUDOCK, PKPS, UPP, UCC, UCCDT, ULK, RPR, DPDEKIT, MC & MCATF