This instrument is designed to be extremely accurate, fast, and simple to use in diverse water quality applications. Advanced features include highly stable microprocessor-based circuitry; automatic temperature compensation from 15°C to 30°C while in calibration mode; user-intuitive design; and waterproof housing. A true one-handed instrument, the PT3 is easy to calibrate and easy to use. To take a measurement, you simply push a button then dip the PT3 in solution. Results display in seconds.
ULTRAPEN™ PT3 Benefits:
- Reliable Repeatable Results
- Easy to Use
- Rugged Design
- Ensure Product Quality
- Reduce Waste
- Protect the Environment
ULTRAPEN™ PT3 High Performance Features:
- Accuracy of ±10 mV ORP
- Proprietary Sensor Design
- 99.9% Pure Platinum Electrode
- 3 Calibration Options with Automatic Solution Recognition
- Automatic Temperature Compensation in Calibration Mode*
- Rugged, reliable, shock-resistant fully encapsulated electronics
- Durable body constructed of aircraft aluminum
- Simple one-button functions
- Temperature Readout
- High capacity N-type battery included
ULTRAPEN™ PT3 COMES WITH:
- PT3 Pocket Tester Pen – Battery Installed
- User Replaceable ORP Sensor – Installed
- Protective/Hydration Cap
- Pocket Clip
- ORP Electrode Cleaning Paper
- Quick Start Guide
ULTRAPEN™ PT3 Functions:
||METHOD OF MEASUREMENT
||Once stabilized, the readings are captured then displayed
||Real-time readings are displayed continuously during measurement
* Temperature compensation in calibration mode: Temperature affects the reaction potentials for all chemicals differently. True ORP is the direct measurement of electron activity during an oxidation-reduction reaction, regardless of temperature. However, for maximum accuracy and ease of calibration, the Myron L® Company has developed three calibration standard solutions with known dissolved species. We derived the temperature compensation (from 15°C to 30°C) for those solutions, and embedded automatic temperature compensation into the calibration function of your PT3. Note: To verify calibration while in measurement mode, you must manually correct for any variation in temperature. Example: @25°C, ORP2602OZ calibration solution will read 260mV, however @ 20.0°C ORP2602OZ will read 265mV.
ULTRAPEN™ PT3 Specifications:
||-1000 mV to +1000 mV
||± 10 mV
||1 mV ORP
||0 - 71°C / 32 - 160°F
|Time to Reading Stabilization:
||10 – 45 seconds
||Active Mode: 30 – 140 mA, Sleep Mode: 2 μA
||Automatic In Calibration Mode From 15°C to 30°C
||17.15 cm L x 1.59 cm D or 6.75 in. L x 0.625 in. D
||50.4 g / 1.78 oz. (without soaker cap and lanyard)
||Anodized Aircraft Aluminum with Protective Coating
||One N type, Alkaline, 1.5V
|Calibration Standard Solutions:
||ORP80, ORP260, ORP470
||0 - 55°C / 32 - 131°F
||IP67 and NEMA6
|EN61236-1: 2006 – Annex A: 2008:
||Electrostatic discharge to the PT3 may cause it to spontaneously turn on. If this occurs, the PT3 will turn off.
|WARNING! These products can expose you to chemicals including Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
ULTRAPEN™ PT3 Applications:
- Boilers and Cooling Towers
- Fountain Solutions for Printing
- Pool and Spa
- Food and Beverage
- Reverse Osmosis
- Plus Many More!
Click to order Standard Solutions and Buffers
STANDARD SOLUTIONS FOR CALIBRATION:
The ULTRAPEN™ PT3 requires Myron L® Company 80mV Quinhydrone, 260mV Quinhydrone, or 470mV MLC Light's ORP Standard Solutions for wet calibration and Sensor Storage Solution for proper storage.
The PT3, excluding the sensor and battery, has a one (1) year limited warranty. The ORP sensor has a six (6) month limited warranty.
Click for Operation Manuals / Instructions
Myron L® Ultrapen™ Series units have probes that can freeze and break and must ship 2nd Day Air with a heat pack.
Ignoring this requirement voids the warranty.
- Models: PT3, PTBT3, BATT11768, BATT11768-B3, RPT3, PTSC, OECP-25 & OECP-100