Reverse Osmosis Meters for Measuring Total Dissolved Solids
The choice of professionals for years, this compact instrument has been designed specifically to demonstrate and
test Point of Use (POU) reverse osmosis or distillation systems. By measuring electrical conductivity, it will
quickly determine the parts per million/Total Dissolved Solids (ppm/TDS) of any drinking water.
With a single "before and after" test, this handy device effectively demonstrates how your RO or distillation
system eliminates harmful dissolved solids. It will also service test systems, including membrane evaluation
Automatic Temperature Compensation: Why It Is Important
The graph below illustrates a TDS reading of a 500 ppm water sample tested with a non-temperature compensated
conductivity meter. The same water sample appears to have a higher level of TDS when heated (and lower TDS when
chilled). Actually, only conductivity readings change with temperature. TDS does not change.
Many instruments ignore the importance of temperature. Others require a separate thermometer for testing sample
temperature, then manual adjustment of the meter. All Myron L® instruments, however, feature fast and precise
Automatic Temperature Compensation. The result: a more accurate, useful instrument.
How Conductivity Measures ppm/TDS
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) conduct electricity. This conductivity allows measurement of the concentration of
these salts directly in parts per million (ppm). However, the salts' composition in waters can vary
significantly by location. Since various salts pass current differently, it was necessary to determine an
"average" ppm/ conductivity relationship. The Myron L® Company established the "442" Standard over 55 years ago.
It remains the world's most widely accepted standard of its kind.
f You also Test pH:
Myron L® offers instruments that check both TDS and pH, and are widely used throughout the RO industry.
- pH sensor is built-in for maximum protection
- Automatic temperature compensation
- Full calibration capability
- Many models available
Also see our RO-CHECK™ POU TDS Monitor
- Checks soil pH and salinity
- Checks water pH and salinity
- Checks correct fertilizer concentration
- Checks boiler water conductivity
- Automatic temperature compensation means no thermometers or adjustments
- Only small amount of soil needed for tests
RO METERS™ Features:
- Instant and accurate TDS tests
- Electronic Internal Standard for easy field calibration
- Fast Auto Temperature Compensation
- Rugged design for years of trouble-free testing
- Simple to use
RO Meters™ Technical Specifications:
||0-1250 ppm (0-250 blue, 250-500 orange, 500-1250 red)
||0-1250 ppm (no color band)
||±2% of full scale
||Automatic (to 25°C/77°F) for samples between 10-71°C/50-160°F
||Never need replatinizing or replacement
||Chip and crack resistant polyethylene
||Internal electronic standard quickly verifies on-site accuracy
||Solid-state, sealed against moisture
||One 9V battery supplied; Battery Life: >2000 tests/1 year
||3.4 W x 4.5 D x 4.0 H in./ 86 W x 114 D x 102 H mm
||1 lb./0,45 kg
RO Meters™ Applications:
- Reverse Osmosis
- Drinking Water
- Distillation Systems
RO Meters™ Accessories, Replacement items and Solutions:
- Standard Solutions are used to periodically recalibrate instruments for greatest accuracy. 442-1000 (1000
ppm/TDS) is the type used in MyronL factory calibrations.
- Model: 442-1000 (Specify quart, gallon or 2 oz.)instructions included.
- Porta-Pak Carrying Case: For use with all Myron L® DS/pDS portable instruments. Foam lined and molded of
sturdy ABS plastic. Model: PTP
Click to order Standard
Solutions and Buffers
Myron L RO instruments have a Two (2) Year Limited Warranty. If an instrument fails
to function normally, return it to the factory prepaid. If, in the opinion of the factory, failure was due to
materials or workmanship, repair or replacement will be made without charge. A reasonable service charge will be
made for diagnosis or repairs due to normal wear, abuse, or tampering. Warranty is limited to the repair or
replacement of the Myron L instrument only. The Myron L® Company assumes no other responsibility or liability.
- Models: RO-1, RO-1NC, PTP, MC & MCATF